Advantages of Leisure Trip/ Vacation
Everyone enjoys vacations, whether they are all the way across the world, or just heading out camping for the weekend. In addition to being something we all look forward to, leisure trips and vacations have actually been proven to have benefits to our health, well being and overall quality of life. Some of these benefits include:
- Lower risk for heart attack and heart problems: Relaxing helps us reduce stress and thereby lessens our risk of having a heart attack by up to 30% for men and up to 50% for some women. Therefore, vacations are something our body loves as much as our mind does.
- Energy: If you think of your mind and body as a battery, vacations are your charging port. Taking some leisure time off will help you restock your energy and increase your productivity and energy levels upon your return to the office.
- Performance; Studies have shown those who take time off for leisure, etc. actually do up to 10% better on their annual performance reviews. So this means your vacation could actually earn you a raise.
- Economical boosts; You stimulate your local economy as well as the local economy of the towns, villages and cities you choose to visit, which has positive impacts on you and your family both directly and indirectly.
- Studies have also shown that one of the Benefits of a leisure vacation includes better skin, because of less stress, more sun, better diet, etc.
- Vacations and leisure trips also have positive impacts on your weight, as many people become more conscious of food choices leading up to their vacations and often carry that through as more of a lifestyle choice or change for the longer term. This helps with overall health and wellbeing as well.
The above are only a few of the advantages to taking a little bit of “me time” away from the office, and your crazy life.