Casinos Near Islay
Islay is a great place to visit for a variety of reasons. Whether you are a whisky connoisseur, a nature enthusiast, or simply looking for a secluded getaway, Islay is a great place for you. However, if you are looking for a casino or a place to try your hand at slots, Islay isn’t for you. Because it is a relatively secluded island, it is not a feasible place for casinos to be located. For this reason, many of the casinos in Scotland are located around major cities and metropolitan areas. There are casinos in Glasgow, Edinburgh, Aberdeen and Dundee.
There are very few casinos but they are large and they do stand their own in comparison to other major casinos in the UK. Most of these casinos offer standard variety from table games to slots and some offer sportsbook and sports betting as well.
If you are visiting Islay but looking to gamble, the casinos aren’t too far, and if you need convincing, here are some facts about Scottish casinos:
- Scotland has 12 casinos total and are all located in only 4 cities, meaning you could visit more than 1 or 2 in the span of 24 hours.
- Glasgow has 4 of the 12 casinos and isn’t terribly far from Islay
- Alea Casino (not surprisingly located in Glasgow) is the largest. This casino boasts over 60 machines and over 20 table games.
- Grosvenor casino in Glasgow has the largest square footage, spanning over 30 thousand square feet.
- Glasgow is located only 5 and a half hours from Islay if you choose to drive.
- If you do not feel like leaving the island for the hustle of the city, you can always play online blackjack for free
Islay’s location makes it a great option for those looking to spend their vacation balanced between quiet serenity and hustle and bustle.